The following information concerns the Missouri Whitewater Association (MWA) efforts to improve and preserve the water quality of the Saint Francis River located in Madison County Missouri. The information contained herein has been gathered from web sites, field tests using EPA approved equipment and State approved procedures. Additionally, information herein has been researched through various academic text and state sponsored workshops. The overall objective of the Preserve the Saint Francis River Project includes:
- Monitoring the water quality of the Saint Francis River using State and EPA approved equipment and procedures.
- Submitting all test results to Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
- Identifying pollutants and source contaminants of pollutants.
- Promoting conservation of a clean watershed through public awareness.
- Testing for detection of pollutants or hazardous substances that could negatively impact the biota of the Saint Francis River.
- Ultimately, cleaning and preserving one of the states most beautiful rivers.
This project was founded by B.J. Browning and is now managed by Chuck and Di McHenry.
Read more about this project.
Questions regarding content or clarification should be directed to Chuck and Di McHenry.