The castor results

Home Forums General Discussion The castor results

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Here is a quick video I made of the castor. I know understand the hype of it its a very fun park and play area. I will have full video posted soon enough thankyou all for the info on the castor we all had a great time…. Well till I broke my paddle in half at rooster tail!

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

Glad to see that the Castor-ators avoided Castor Carnage. Great video …. really enjoyed it!

Steve Stilwell
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

Oh, I would not say the day was without carnage! I will let anyone who cares to tell their own story.

At the end of the video Matt does a really nice boof at the rooster tail rock. I HIGHLY recommend NOT boofing this rock with your tail bone! While smooth, the granite is hard as granite. If one is paddling very casually and gets flipped by a sneaky curler wave just up stream of the drop then misses the first roll, go ahead and try again even though you are about to go over the drop. The height of the drop + velocity and weight of the water makes for serious impact! My backside hurt so bad I did not realize my shin was bleeding inside my dry suit. After the strenuous hiking to make a few more laps, I realized I had a knot on my shin which by the time I got home was the size of a baseball.

All in all a really fun day. I just had to work standing up today.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Steve Stilwell. Reason: goofy spelling
      jacobsviper
      Participant

That was just a teaser THERE was plenty of carnage I have a few videos im going to make one is going to be carnage 🙂

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Glad to see you got full R on last Drop(Rooster Tail) good air ! “Pank Rox Rules ” love me some Castor !

jacobsviper
      Participant

That was my buddy matt bliss and yes excellent air awesome boof, I on the other hand took right side got shot to the left onto a rock splat that ended up in flip over, on my second attempt same deal but took different approach and got kicked sideways awesome air great time! hard landing and snapped my paddle in half which has been posted on new thread of this chat you will be able to see my solo run. I loved the castor thats for sure! Thanks again working on the full lenth everyone that went with us run.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart