Need – Helmet, Paddle, Skirt

Home Forums Gear Exchange Need – Helmet, Paddle, Skirt

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Colleen Walsh Lang
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 19

I would like to borrow/rent a helmet, paddle, and skirt (for a <span style=”color: #373e4d;”>pyranha small burn), for this weekend.</span>

I know giving out gear is scary for people, esp since none of you know me.  I will therefore happily give you a deposit, and if any of the gear is broken or goes missing pay for a replacement.

I’ve been paddling on the White Nile in Uganda for the past 9 months, and consider myself an intermediate paddler with a solid whitewater roll (also off-side, and back-deck on both sides in the flat).  I’ve been making it down the Nile, through grade III and IV rapids, w/o any swims, and even dry-heading most of the rapids.

Casara Heaton
      • Preferred Boat: Kayak
      • Years Paddling: 15
      • Total Posts: 139

Hey Colleen,

Are you wanting to paddle the Saint this weekend? I can meet up with you on Saturday morning at the D Bridge take out with my spare helmet/skirt/paddle – also have PFD if needed – currently I am waiting on the river to rise ( as all of us are with fingers crossed ) before confirming that I will be going down – but it looks to be very promising.

Colleen Walsh Lang
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 19

Yes, I’m hoping to paddle this weekend.  That sounds great.  I need to confirm with the person who’s offered me a boat that we’ll be in the same place, but seems like we can make it work.  I’m excited to get back on the water.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart