Little Grand Canyon, IL – Is it possible?

Home Forums General Discussion Little Grand Canyon, IL – Is it possible?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

I’ve been to the Little Grand Canyon in Pomona, IL twice recently and I think how awesome it would be to kayak down it during a huge flood. I’m not saying I have the ability yet but it looks like a blast. Any of you ever heard of anyone going down it? Here are some pics: http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/little-grand-canyon-pomona

jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Im game dan! Lol

Matt Bliss
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 33

Here’s a vid of a guy running the last drop, on accident, without a kayak or water.

Ryan Cullen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 59

Hit Piney Creek or the spillway at Kinkaid

jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

that’s funny! would suck to have done it but he was a great sport about it! rc spill way at kinkaid is def on the list!

Ryan Cullen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 59

Careful there’s pin potential on the last drop.

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Kinkaid spillway has been run for years. Many a face has been split open.(I know 3, really good paddlers who had hospital visits after attempts) The last drop goes into a pyramid shaped rock that could be, your “Last Drop” need to get far L at the bottom. This is the real thing, not for seeing what your limits are, as you will find out real quick. Nice video. I have not seen it that high since they drained the lake about 10 years ago. Matt Ogburn owned that sumvabeetch ! I have video of people running it, somewhere. I will look for it, but this site sux for posting direct. (For me)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart