Lake Killarney?

Home Forums General Discussion Lake Killarney?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris Kelly
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 10

I saw a post from Chuck that mentioned that the Lake is being drained.  Does anyone know why?  Thanks,  Chris Kelly

George and Rhonda Palmer
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 82

Im assuming here: another local lake does this yearly to control aquatic vegetation (the now exposed bottom freezes and kills the plants).

coach
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 12

I believe it was drained because the lake was silting in and they were going to dredge it out again.

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

No, they are only draining the lake in order to kill vegetation- which will quickly come back since the lake is mostly about 2 feet deep  when full.

It would be to the common good to offer the lake for dredging fill- but my understanding is none of the property owners will allow entrance to the lake over their property. As is, the lake is a mess- need any used tires?

Camp Penuel actually has a fair pool in front of it as they DID allow dredging the last time the lake was emptied.

It is a clear case of everyone being unable to make a sacrifice for the common good.

Di and I have not been on the lake now for two years to train as it is just nasty. Their water supply was found to be contaminated- so they fired the guy doing the testing.

All in all there may be some cheap lakeside homes for sale in the near future….LOL

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by McChuck. Reason: NOTHING is foolproof to a very talented fool
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart