Kokatat GMER drysuit

Home Forums Gear Exchange Kokatat GMER drysuit

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      George
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 13

Kokatat gmer drysuit just back from kokatat for service and new gaskets.

Like new, used 3 times.

George

417-9 nine 3- 4 nine five9

DAVID DICKSON
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 49

What size, please, and how much are you asking for it?

George
      Participant

duh….

Sorry, suit is lg and comes with a heavy fleece union suit for cold weather, never used, $850.00 o.b.o.

I don’t know how to get images downloaded onto the website, sorry, George

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by George.
      George
      Participant

Any best offer? Tore up my back and am “inoperable” so it is a closet queen that needs a good home.

G George

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 348

I am sorry to hear that any boater is out of commission.

Was it boating related? if so, there should be a good (bad) story to go along?

I am curious.

Was it used 3 times after you got it back?

Or did you use it 3 times and had to send it in? If so, why?

I am very hard on mine, but gaskets should last more than 3 times.

just wondering???

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by crazyjerry.
      George
      Participant

I already had a bad back and wanted to do some whitewater before I was no longer able.

I pulled a buddie off of 2 rocks which he was pinned on using my left arm, paddle up pull rinse repeat,  tore my rotator cuff and part of my muscle, and a bone spur on top led to the surgery that did me in as far as paddling as far and hard as I enjoy.

I was a chimney sweep for 20 years and over worked myself ,have spinal stenosis, peripheral neuropathy, degenerative disc disease, and over the years collapsed L-5 thru L-2 to the point that I am “inoperable”.  the surgeon said he could “cage” my spine, but it would not be a fix he was comfortable with, and it would not relieve my pain.

I had always wanted to whitewater kayak, so bought a green boat and all the associated gear, including the dry suit, and then found my body would not let me do what I wanted to do. Just waited too long.

The dry suit was used 2 x’s in preparation floats, then 1x on whitewater, when I got off that run I was bedridden for a month, with many painkillers I was finally able to motivate. I started paddling more and more but back got worse to the point of I am barely mobile, ie. concrete floors are a killer, sitting in one spot too long, laying too long, etc and I am having spasm’s among other problems.

I got my suit out to take pic’s to sell and the gaskets were starting to go south, so I sent to kokatat to have serviced, they laundered, and replaced my gaskets for 220.00.

I will not sell anything that is not up to par, damaged, or cost buyer more money. Been there and it is no fun, so I had it repaired.

I do not want pity, or anything like that, just am not physically able to use an expensive piece of gear that someone else could get a lot of use out of, and I could really use the money.

Matter of fact some fellow over by the east of the state you will find the guy floating my green boat that he came to the lake of the Ozarks and bought from me.

Hope that answers your question, and sorry for the long post.

G George

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 348

oh man, bummer deal. I’m sorry to hear about the back and the shoulder.

I’ll say a prayer for you, keep your head up.

Glad that you got to enjoy just a little whitewater before things went horrible.

jerry

George
      Participant

Thanks man, someone please buy this.

G George

George
      Participant

price reduced, $750.00

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart