GalaSport Slalom Boat for Sale

Home Forums Gear Exchange GalaSport Slalom Boat for Sale

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      JoeSartori
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 105

GalaSport SonicBoom, 55 – 60kg cut, Flexi layup. Good for paddler weight up to about 130 lbs. This was Danielle’s boat. It is green at the bow, white-middle, and pink-stern. $900. ($1800 new).

Please contact me for photos and more information.

Gangus
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 24

hi Joe, looks like a great boat.  Would this be suitable for a newer solo paddler?  Sandy and I took a class with you 2 years ago in our tandem inflatable Aires kayak.  Looking for a used kayak for me.    Also do you know where we could practice rolling in a pool around St Louis?  Had some instruction but need to practice.  Thanks!  Eve

JoeSartori
      Participant

Hi Eve! I remember you and Sandy! You two were awesome, very in sync and in control in that boat!

The boat for sale is very specialized for slalom kayaking. Not so good for a beginner. I may be selling a Pyrahna Recoil and that is a VERY good boat for a beginner and a very good river runner–rides like a cadilac, smooth and fast–and easy to roll compared to other boats. You can take it for a test drive if you are interested.

I do not know of any pools except the pool session in Jan and Feb at the South County Y. But, I am not even sure the Y will accommodate us anymore as they are getting increasingly strict with rules and such.

However, Rivers Edge Lake in Chesterfield has excellent water condition as it is filtered water from the Missouri River. There is no run-off in this lake. Unlike all other local lakes, I have rolled in this lake. It is very nice! The only drawback is it is a long 1/4 mile walk to the lake.

Gangus
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 24

Hi Joe,  thanks for the information!  Let me know if and when you might sell your Pyrahna.  I’ve been looking for a used small jackson zen, but hard to find.   Do you do any kayak instruction besides the spring class?  Good to know about the Rivers Edge Lake.  We went to Nantahala over Memorial DAy weekend with our tandem.  Wow it was so much fun there.  Had a great time.  We remembered that you recommended them.  Eve

JoeSartori
      Participant

Hi Eve, I am willing to sell the Recoil. I can be reached at paddlenut99@gmail.com.

Cheers, Joe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart