GAF Sept 25-27

Home Forums General Discussion GAF Sept 25-27

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarah Watson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 120

We have 12 bunks reserved for GAF (Guest Appreciation Festival) at NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center) on Sept 25 and 26.  More details to follow when I can get to a better computer to type.

Sarah

Wahoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 57

Sign me up!

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

I’m in too!

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Ive got a bunk already but does anyone want to carpool and split the gas?

Sara Wysong
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 67

Dagger Dan what days can you travel?

DaggerDan
      Participant

Could leave at 4pm thursday and be back sunday night.

CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

ill be there!  Planning on camping up on the FS road along the cascades!  Let me know if anyone else plans on camping!

Jason Robinson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 88

Me and Eric will be going.

Please reserve us 2 bunks.

Sarah, do we need to send you the money ahead or pay onsite?

bobh
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 34

Sarah,

Please reserve bunks for Jon and me.

Bob H

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by bobh.
      Sarah Watson
      Participant

We have 12 bunks reserved for Friday and Saturday nights at NOC for their Guest Appreciation Festival (GAF) which is September 25-27. The bunks will be $41.86 per person for BOTH nights; those who want to stay Thursday or Sunday nights will need to make their own arrangements. Your payment must be received by September 10 to reserve your spot in the bunkhouse. NOC has big sales on their new and used gear, and has an area where boaters can sell used gear as well. It’s a festival atmosphere with paddling and other vendors, live music and entertainment, and of course whitewater paddling! Here’s a link – http://noc.com/events/guest-appreciation-festival-gaf. Please send checks payable to MWA to:
      Missouri Whitewater Association – GAF Bunks
      PO Box 300099
      St. Louis, MO63130

Reminder, checks sent via mail need to be received by September 10. I will accept payments at the Annual Member Picnic also. I will not be able to make GAF, so I am looking for someone who is willing to coordinate the paddles on the weekend.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sarah

Sarah Watson
      Participant

So far I have the following people in the bunkhouse:

Jim Warren

Wahoo

Jason Robinson and Eric

Bob and Jon Henderson

Please let me know if I have forgotten anyone.  There are 6 more bunks available.

Sarah

Matt Bliss
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 33

I’ll be there, camping at Lost Mine.

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Whew, what has happened to the MWA ? We used to blow in there with 40-50 paddlers. Won all the competitions, had all the cabins, Tequila Fest always dangerous ! How the mighty have fallen !!

John Tansil
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 206

Because the unofficial  MWA “whip” moved away?  …. or maybe we’re all tuckered out from paddling the Saint so much 🙂

The only solution is for half the people to have twice the fun!

CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

I will be down there my 4 or 5 paddling buddies.!   We will be camping up on the Forest Service Road along the cascades.  Runnin’ N gunnin!

glo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 15

cjw4d  , You very well already know this. But just incase you don’t , I wanted to let you know they close the cascade road  to camping doing  upper nanny schedule releases.  Closed   way up past the cascade put in .I wanted to camp at the large campsite on the right above the put in one time and was not allowed to because    no camping was allowed on  upper  scheduled releases.  Now above that good campsite I think its allowed. I just drove a ways up the road and didn’t see any places. But I didn’t go but a couple miles at the most farther. If you know of spots farther up your fine. Good luck.

Garrett Bentley
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3

Brittany and I will be there for at least one day of paddling, but will probably just head back home in the evenings.

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

Put me down for the bunkhouse.  Paddling Upper Nanny on Sat, Ocoee on Sun

Sara Wysong
      Participant

Please reserve bunk for Sara Wysong

Thank you!

ScottO
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 55

put me down for a bunk. scott owens. thanks

Sarah Watson
      Participant

Please make sure your payment is received by this Friday, September 10, or you can pay in person at the picnic.  Let me know if you have any questions!  Here is the updated list for the bunk house:

1. Jim Warren
      2.  Wahoo
      3.  Jason Robinson
      4. Jon Henderson
      5. Bob Henderson
      6. Scott Owens
      7. John Tansil
      8. Sarah Wysong

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Sarah Watson.
      Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Atta Boy Perfesser !

Wahoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 57

Sarah,  I’m not going to be able to make it.  Darn, and I was looking forward to it.  I hate it when work stuff gets in the way of fun. Can’t wait to see everyone at the pignic this weekend!

Happy Paddling!

Wahoo

Sarah Watson
      Participant

I am confirming reservations with NOC tomorrow.  I have received payment from the following people, and will be reserving bunks for them.   If your name is not on this list,  I haven’t received your payment.   Please contact me at once to arrange payment if you still want to go – sjs2112 at yahoo dot com.

1. Jim Warren
      2. Jon Henderson
      3. Bob Henderson
      4. Scott Owens
      5. Sara Wysong
      6. Diane McHenry

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Watson
      Participant

Those staying in the bunkhouses with MWA can pick up their room keys at the General Store (its across the street from the outfitters store).  If you get there after the store closes, your packet will be next to the brochures outside of the store.  The bunkhouse rooms are as follows:

#1 Jim Warren, John Tansil, Scott Owens

#2 Jason Robinson, Bob Henderson, Jon Henderson

#3 Sara Wysong, Diane McHenry

There are 2 mens bunks left and 2 women’s if anyone needs them, give me a call.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Sarah

3 – one – 4 – two – two – 1 – eight – 1 eight – 4

kelly kasten
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 18

Thanks to all those that took the lead on this trip, especially Di for agreeing to lead us newbies down the Ocoee.

DaggerDan
      Participant

Ya what Kelly said. What an awesome trip and people to be around! The upper nanty is my new favorite river. Lots of laughs and great paddling. Wish I didn’t have to come back home to work this week. Now we just need rain for the Saint.

Sara Wysong
      Participant

What they said! Thank you all for such a great trip!!! Could not have had my first descents down the Upper Nanny and Ocoee without such a supportive club and thank you all from the bottom of my heart <3. Many laughs shared :). Can’t wait for the next MWA get together!!!! Filmy Fest with Billbo is next right? If so what’s the date?

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

ditto!  Great trip, great group of people.  A little rain on Thu night & Friday – first time in 5 years the weather hasn’t been perfect.  Hopefully next year NOC will get their act together on Friday morning breakfast!  And maybe go back to making bunks available individually…  Thanks again to guides Chuck & Di for another great Ocoee trip.  And a special thanks to Jason for buying me a new paddle!  🙂  Can’t wait to use it!!

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart